Monday, September 13, 2010

I Will Rise Above...

"Lying on the couch,
trying to figure out
what is the meaning of life.
Then I jump into the air
and hope to linger there,
at least enough to land on my feet.
As I look into the sky,
I often wonder why
I wasn't born with wings."
-Collin Marrero

What is a phoenix? A mythological bird to which dies by self-combusting into burning flames but then is reborn and rises from its own ashes. I have a beautiful tattoo of one on my arm. It's a very symbolic bird, dont' you think?? I am a phoenix. Well I'm not a bird, but symbolically I am a phoenix. Sometimes fires are started around me. Sometimes I start my own. I wish all of the fires I have ever dealt with were contained in the cozy shell of a fireplace. BUT 99% of the time, they are wildfires. Out of control and always leading to something being burnt down. Mostly me. Hence why I am a phoenix. It is hard work, but with determination I rise above. I am reborn. I never let the ashes hold me down. I learn from the scars that the fire leaves, and become stronger. Just like a phoenix I will rise above.

No comments:

Post a Comment